Series of the residents

Sunday, September 13, 2009




And hello again... so another thing I would LOVE to do is a little series on the residents of this apartment building... I have been fascinated by it since Julien and I went there and met with the lady with all the animals. A couple of things have stuck in my mind since that first visit but the biggest one is that the neighbors seemed to come in and out of each others apartments. Also, the mix of people in that building is amazing.

If anyone has an idea of how to help me approach the residents and tell them that I want to do a series on the residents and their apartments, I would be forever in your debt. This can't happen for the exhibit, except for the slideshow, but I know I can knock the ball out of the fucking park if I could photograph there.

Muchas Gracias!

1 comments:

juan said...

Hi Zoe,

I´ve been doing some research on the internet and it seems the residents of this house have been kind of harrased by the City Council of Madrid, which was suposed to renovate the building due to its very bad condition. I also read that somebody tried to set the building on fire in 2007 but luckily enough, the neighbors were quick to notice it and the building was kind of saved.
I´ll be glad to go there with you if you want. Tomorrow it is impossible for me cause I´m working, but maybe some other day.

Juan.

Exposición patrocinada por Ivory Press

About This Blog

Taller de la casa encendida

Artista Zoe Strauss

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP